Monday 4 February 2013

All By Myself...

Recently I have been by myself a lot. Like A LOT.

Just after Christmas I dropped out of school for a number of reasons (one being that my Psychology teacher that looked like Super Mario wouldn't speak English in his lessons, yep great thanks for that mate) and so I have been stuck at home for the past month. My decision to leave school is a whole different story and a story that shall be told in a different blog post...

Now you may think that being off school is brilliant, no early mornings, no homework, but it also means no friends. Yes I still have the great friends that I made only a few months back, but now that I don't go to school it means I never get to see them anymore. If I'm lucky I get to see them quickly once a week when I sneak into school (Cypriot schools are very relaxed when it comes to people walking into their schools it seems). You may think "what about the weekends Lauren? Or after school?". You wouldn't be thinking that if you had to do the 30 minute drive on dodgy village roads into town with Cypriot boy racers giving no regard to others on the road zooming round you. Also the fact that I can't legal drive doesn't help and there's only a certain number of times "DAAAAAAAAAAAAADDY CAN YOU DRIVE ME TO TOWN!?" is allowed to be uttered in my house.

So yes I am stuck once again, just as I was when I first moved here and I hate it even more the second time round. That was a very low point for me and now it's even worse as not only can I not meet up with my friends, I see them having all this fun together whilst I'm sat alone in my bedroom, picking at my nails and crying over Glee.  I am so easily forgotten, always have been, always will be. You just need to ask my "friends" back in England, "Lauren? Who's Lauren? Never heard of her. You heard of her? Na not a clue, doesn't ring a bell". Being a person who is so easily forgotten is not great and if I'm being totally honest, I can feel myself being forgotten already and that is one thing I really don't want to happen. Before anyone gets offended or arsey with me, I am in no way blaming anything on them, I love those guys (hi Chris) and they've unknowingly got me through a whole lot since I met them and that's why it's so hard not seeing them.

It's not all doom and gloom though. It's my 18th birthday on February 23rd and I plan on partying with my playaaaaaaaaaaaaas like you wouldn't believe. I also plan on vlogging the whole day and night, so prepare yourself for some very drunken Cypriot madness in a blog post in a few weeks.

Yet again with the "serious" post! I don't like writing posts like these, but this is a blog about my life and at late it hasn't been all fun and games so you get what you get. I do however have lots to look forward to, my 18th in a couple of weeks, a massive birthday/christmas/valentines package sent from my BFF in England arriving and then said BFF showing up here this summer to hit Aiya Napa - JAUREN ON TOUR 2013!

To end I shall leave you with my anthem right now...

no copyright stuff blah blah blah

Lauren xo

No comments:

Post a Comment